Alfa Romeo has exciting looks, Bentley has a desirable badge, Porsche offers lots of fun, etc. Well, at least that’s how the car industry worked 20-30 years ago. Nowadays, people can find everything in one car. Even a once cheap and boring Hyundai can create beautiful, fast, and luxurious machines for a very reasonable price.
While the facelifted Genesis G70 was introduced last year, another player joins in the next half of 2021 – a shooting brake!
How come the G70 Shooting brake is a big deal?
First of all, let’s begin with the fact that it’s affordable. Genesis G70 Shooting Brake price should start at about 32 000 euros, which is a steal compared to what a customer gets.
In terms of class and price, this new shooting brake will be a rival for Audi A4 Avant, BMW 3-Series Touring, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon. The strongest G70’s card is the looks – large and low front grille, quad headlights, and many additional body lines add up to a superior design. Some critics even compare the car to three times more expensive Porsche Panamera!
Shooting brake is a bold name
The name shooting brake has been around for more than 100 years. Many fantastic cars of this type have been made during that period. Originally, shooting brake models had two doors and extended hatchback-like rear ends. So, naming a car that’s competing with wagons a shooting brake is a bold move. But I can’t blame Hyundai for that as Mercedes and other manufacturers have been using this name on four-door cars for over a decade now.
Similar to sedan but more desirable
2022 Genesis G70 Shooting Brake is an affordable way to stand out from the crowd without compromising practicality thanks to a 40% larger trunk space. To tell the truth, the shooting brake version should have only one difference between the sedan – a different back end. Here are some details you can expect from the new Genesis G70 Shooting Brake:
- Engines – although Hyundai didn’t mention available engines in this model, there’s little to no chance that they will differ from those in the sedan version. I expect to see 2.0 turbo and 3.3 turbo power stations.
- Performance – guessing the car’s weight will be nearly identical, it should be pretty fun. AWD Genesis G70 3.3t can do 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds!
- Design – sleek body lines with extravagant headlights and taillights create a very appealing look, easily compatible with kids, pets, and lots of luggage.
- Interior – don’t ask me how they fit everything into a low price, but even the dashboard is wrapped in leather. And let’s not forget how cool the cockpit from a fighter jet is.
Okay, the Genesis line is great – high-quality cars for a low price. But why can’t we see them on the roads often? First of all, Genesis isn’t a desirable brand as it’s just a beefed-up Hyundai. Moreover, it’s a relatively new company, founded in 2015. There’s a massive demand for 4-door coupes and SUVs in today’s market – maybe GV70, GV80, and G70 Shooting Brake will break the ice?
Genesis G70 Shooting Brake is a practical, agile, luxurious, yet affordable automobile. It will tick all boxes for those who only want to own one car.
- What's cool: The car shines for its expressive design – more people will dream about owning a Genesis now.
- Unnecessary bits: Claiming a historical term Shooting Brake is a bit selfish. The front end can be too posh for some.